Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Words

The Boy and I have always played word games like "what rhymes with bean?"

Lately he's been doing different kinds of word associations, such as the word duck that can mean the bird or to lower your head.

Everyday when he gets home from school we go outside to the swingset. He loves to be pushed on the swings, much to his dad's chagrin. "Hey, there's nothing wrong with working smarter instead of harder," I tell dad.

Well today we were sitting there talking. He told me he ate eight oreos. I took this opportunity to use that particular play on words. I said, "You ATE EIGHT. Do you get it?"

"Wow, mom," he replied. "Deep."

!

(he didn't really - I counted them)

1 Comments:

  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    hahahaha. It must be hard not to bust a gut when they have those kinds of "revelations".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home