Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Dear Mom of The Boy:

The Boy had another (!) visit with the principal today about behaving with other children. He's had a tough time keeping his hands to himself and using kind words.

Mrs. R

Hm.

To myself I'm thinking "how bad could it have been that he was sent to the principal"?

And, why wasn't I informed about the first visit to the principal?

See, when I was teaching, albeit a hundred years ago or so, being sent to the principal was reserved for monumental problems. I don't know what that would be because I don't recall ever sending anyone to the principal's office. If a child was not a good citizen or a good friend, I had behavior consequences set in place in my room like missing recess or putting books in alphabetical order. Fun stuff!

I asked him what happened, and he said (of course) that Bryce started the fight. Apparently Bryce was calling Preston an idiot. So The Boy intervened, and he got caught.

I asked if Bryce also got sent to the principal and he said no.

Last night as a family, we talked about being a good citizen at school. We also talked about knowing when to just walk away instead of using our hands or unkind words.

We've been fighting this battle since The Boy was two years old and in daycare. When his buttons are pushed, he reacts quickly - much the same as his father and I do. We realize we need to set a better example for him.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    My youngest is having a problem being pushy during story time...Maybe its in the air. Good luck!;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home