Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

A very long day

The bus picked The Boy up at 7:46.

I walked back home with tears streaming down my face, and decided to get busy to make the time pass quickly.

I sat at my computer and worked, and before I knew it, it was almost 11:00!

Then I cleaned house. A few more hours pass.

I am still not finished painting that blue bathroom. I have run out of steam, I guess. Only the closet remains. All of the closets in this house have those organizer systems in them, and while I love that, there are all these little plastic shelf holder things screwed into the wall. We decided to paint around them rather than take them out. Bad decision, and probably why I haven't finished that room yet. I have an hour to kill so I get out the paint.

3:00! Finally! The bus drops The Boy off at 3:06.

The bus doesn't come.

At 3:30 I call MFH who says they are probably just running late. No, don't call the school yet.

At 3:40 I decide to call the school. This is ridiculous. The school clerk of "You're on free lunch, right?" fame tells me the buses are running late and not to worry, but call back if I need to.

WTF?

Not one minute later my phone rings and the caller ID says School Dist 2. No, The Boy is not home yet. They'll look for him. A few minutes later they call back saying they've found him. He is with the bus driver, safe, and will be home with the big kids on our route.

The PRINCIPAL put him on the wrong bus. She put him on the same bus he takes to school. Remember my dismay at the two different buses issue?

I asked, "When can I expect him?" Probably within 15 minutes. It is now 3:48.

At 4:20 I finally see the bus coming down our street. He got on the bus at 2:30 when his school day ended.

All I could think about was the safe little community we used to live in, where the daycare providers were going to pick him up when his day ended and get him safely back to their facility until I picked him up after work.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    This would drive me stark raving nuts...and poor boy, riding around on the bus for hours!

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    I'm glad he's OK. Poor thing had a rough afternoon (you too, of course). Our DD goes to school next Tuesday. There's a new bus stop on our route for her. I'm expecting the bus to pass us by on the first day not realizing that is one of their bus kids to pick up. We're on the edge of two school districts, so it's highly possible we'll have to drive her the first day.

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger DD said…

    Luckily I'm sure The Boy looked at it all as an adventure, but I would be livid and would speak with the principal post haste to find out what they are going to do to prevent this type of screw up in the future.

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger carla said…

    what a DAY for you.

    I could seriously feel your bloodboiling/heartracing.

    the boy?

    now I wanna know if HE was panicked?!

    C

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    wtf??????????? Holy cow I would be so PO'd I couldn't see straight. And the principal might not be seeing straight when I was done with them either.

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Priscilla said…

    I'm glad he FINALLY made it home safe and sound. I hope he thought it was really cool to ride the bus with the big kids. :)

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger hotdrwife said…

    HOLY CRAP!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home