Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Family affair

There was only one dad at the kindergarten open house yesterday.

MFH had planned to attend, but then a nasty tooth got in the way. He had a root canal gone bad, and ended up having a molar pulled. It had broken in half within his jaw. You know it had to be hopeless, because I have never met a dentist that would pull a tooth.

What surprised me even more than the just one dad, however, was the number of grandmas in the room. I know they were grandmas because let's face it - at 48 I have to be one of the oldest mothers of a five year old in existence.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger hotdrwife said…

    I'm headed to this 'meet and greet' for my son's school in 2 hours. And when I was there for another function a few months ago, I was the youngest mother there. Everyone else was early 40's and not very interested in speaking with me. :)

    I'm hoping today isn't like that. Sigh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home