Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Making progress


Well, we've been in our house about seven weeks now. Seven weeks! I can't believe how time flies. We still have boxes, boxes - no longer everywhere, but confined to the garage and the shed. We vowed to go through two a night until they are all gone.

Remember the blue crackle paint cabinets? It was a pain in the butt, but they are gone. I found this lovely artichoke color. I wish it was a little darker, but it will do. I don't want to tackle that job again for a long time. The former owner had red under some of the blue crackle, and when the paint was stripped they were all gummy and the new paint wouldn't stick. The cabinets all had to be sanded, cleaned with TCP, painted with a primer, and then two coats of the green. I still need to put on a topcoat.

This is The Boy's blue room. I painted it last week. Blue is his favorite color. He has outgrown the bedding, and I am going today to look for something hockey. The Boy wants T.ransformers, to which we said NO. I don't want anything trendy like that. In six months he'll be tired of it. We have hockey curtains and hockey decorations, so hockey it will be.

I am thinking of tackling the blue bathroom this week, and the only thing left will be the very dark purple dressing room with the antique bureau sink in my room. The sink will stay for now, but the purple is going to a dark avocado color. Or cranberry. I am having trouble deciding.

I used to hate painting. While I will probably never love it, I am finding it very therapeutic.

I really need to get out of the house more.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Cricket said…

    Good for you using your time at home so productively. Love both color schemes.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger carla said…

    I dont understand that last sentence.

    get out of the WHAT WHAT?!!

    we're supposed to leave the domicle?

    oh

    you mean to hit the grocery and chickfila.

    got it.

    C.

    ps LOVE THE PAINT JOB. Im sure you taped it off but Id still have smeared ALL OVER

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your colors are beautiful. Whichever you decide, dark avocado or cranberry, will be lovely I'm sure.

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I LOVE the cabinets in your kitchen!!! GREAT job!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home