Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Decision making

Naturally I will not pull The Boy out of school at the half day mark. He would miss out on what the kindergarten teachers are so excited to start teaching this year - math and science. It would be a shame not to be introduced to these subjects that his father holds so dear.

Plus, I think if he were to leave at noon, he'd be sad at what he was leaving behind. The Boy is very social and it will be good to get him around other kids again. Soon.

I applied for two jobs. There is an after school program available that I can enroll The Boy in if needed. One job is part-time and the other I am not sure about. I hope wherever I end up will be flexible - hockey starts soon and I need to be able to get him there. The after school program is hiring, too, and that is very enticing to me. The pay is reasonable, and I'd be near him after school and our schedules would mesh for days off and summer break.

This morning, after swimming lessons, we went shopping for school clothes. The Boy has good taste, and is a clothing whore. We left the store with more than he needed.

The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know you are doing the right thing...hope Ill do that as well and not wanna whisk E off to play :)

    love the clotheswhore remark

    made me laugh.

    Carla

     

Post a Comment

<< Home