Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

It's the little things

This morning I rode my bike up to the main road to get the newspaper.

Our house has a concrete driveway, but the circular drive in front of the house and the not-quite-half-mile drive to the main road is gravel. It's hard for The Boy to maneuver his bike in the gravel.

I really miss our daily bike rides together. And, I fear that he'll never learn to ride his bike without training wheels out here.

I know I could help him get his bike up to the main road to practice riding, and that's what I'm going to do.

On this morning, I'm missing the familiarity of our old house and neighborhood. And, it makes me wonder what The Boy is feeling but not telling me.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Cricket said…

    Oh, he'll tell ya. In about a year.

    J fell off his bike, was ashamed he didn't have a helmet on, the kids ran to tell me about it, then I treated the scratch on his face. He finally told me a year and a half later that he'd been knocked out.

    Yeah, not telling. An issue around here.

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger DD said…

    The Boys is athletic so I'm sure hel'll get the hang of it. The caveat is that learning to ride on gravel will improve his strength and balance. Plus when he gets older, you won't have to worry about the potential of a wipe out if he ever has to ride on gravel.

    If he suddenly doesn't like to ride his bike, that'll be one way he 'tells you'.

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I cant imagine...which is why Ill probably never move even though we've kinda already outgrown this domicile.

    in POTTY TRAINING AWE :),

    C.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home