Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Isn't it ironic

I have pictures for you all, but I have yet to find the cord thingy to load them onto the computer. What is that called? My mind is mush. It escapes me. Cable! That's it!

For generations the home of my in-laws has been the location of a potluck Fourth of July picnic after the parade in the small town they live in. Every year we would travel down for it. After all, the fourth is MFH's favorite holiday, largely due to this family reunion of sorts.

Now we are here.

They aren't having it this year.

My FIL has decided he's tired of "having all those people in his house".

Last night we called them and offered to pick up a fried chicken lunch for just the immediate family after the parade. My FIL said if we want food to go to the park and buy a burger. They are not doing anything at the house. Period.

We haven't told The Boy yet, who looks forward to this function every year with the same enthusiasm as MFH.

So, one reason we moved here was to be closer to family, and they don't want to be closer to us.

A little too ironic, I really do think.

We bought a bunch of fireworks and will try to set them off and enjoy them without starting a brush fire in the neighboring fields.

Have a safe 4th!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:12 AM, Blogger DD said…

    That's kind of sad in a way that your FIL is adament about the party. Is there anyway you can take over the reins? Maybe not this year, but next, once you are all moved in?

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Well that's a bummer that he's decided to become a curmudgeon(sp??).

    I hope you have a nice day anyway and that The Boy isn't too sad.

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ahhhhh the irony

    hope you guys all had a great day anyway---esp the boy.

    Carla

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you had a happy 4th despite the old man's crankiness.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home