Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Buyer's Remorse


On Saturday I visited a new B.ed B.ath &B.eyond store in our area. It's been open for a few months and I'd not yet been there. I was searching for ways to decorate the bathrooms in our new house.
Imagine my glee when I found this shower curtain.
I've never lived in a house with a master bath. The house I'm in now is the first house I've ever lived in that had more than one bathroom. Deprived, I know.
I breathlessly phoned MFH and exclaimed over this find, which includes curtain hangers that are shaped like little pink shoes and perfume bottles, a matching rug, and a toothbrush holder that is a ceramic pink shoe. They also had towels and a wastebasket along with a few other pieces, but I had to draw the line somewhere.
MFH told me to buy it. I protested. "It's our private bathroom," he said. "Decorate it however you want."
So, I bought it.
He must be very secure in his masculinity, no?
Later that day I was second guessing my purchase, or maybe just the price tag that came along with the purchase, which would probably only seem high to my own cheap self.
"You're the only person I know who would have buyer's remorse over buying a piece of gum," he told me.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger DD said…

    If your husband is giving you that much leeway, run with it sister.

    As soon as I would tell my husband, "It's got shoes on it!" regardless of my possible love of shoes, it would be NO!

    Instead we have a stand up shower with a glass door.

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    OMG! That shower curtain is so cute! Our Master Bath is purple...dark purple. It's the only room in the house where my girliness can truly be expressed. We have three sons, I'm doomed.

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Alleen said…

    OMGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too freaking cute! Keep it!!! If hubby is saying go for it, my goodness, run with it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home