Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A bad shoe day

Do you remember the C.andies shoes that O.livia wore in the closing scene of G.rease? The fantastic red mules on the wooden soles?

To die for.

They were reintroduced several years ago, and naturally I had to have me some of that. They were no longer on wooden soles, however. Now they are plastic, and they are slippery, especially on waxed floors of grocery stores.

Last night The Boy and I were shopping on our way home at the end of our day. I had told him of my incident in the morning where I slipped and fell on the stairs. While moving to take something off a shelf, my heel slipped and my foot came out from under me. I caught myself on the shopping cart.

The Boy looked at me, and with all seriousness said, "Mom, are you forgetting how to walk?'

6 Comments:

  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Cricket said…

    Better that then him asking about the vodka.

    heh

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I always loved those shoes. Sadly, my chubby ankles don't respond well to that particular heel. I bet your rock your c.andies even when you've seemingly forgotten to walk.

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    I love those shoes, too!! "Tell me about it, stud!" They sell them at K.ohls near my house, and I've been eyeing them for a hot minute! Perhaps you need to attach some sort of slip-resistance to those bad boys!! Be careful, momma!

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    omg!!! I can't believe he said that... I bet you had a good chuckle.

     
  • At 1:24 AM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    Love love love those shoes...however I am enough of a klutz without slippery high heels so I guess I'll have to pass :(

     
  • At 5:14 AM, Blogger Carla said…

    I LOVED THOSE SHOES TOO,

    that said, Im also a huge fan of grease 2 ("I want a rebel in skin tight leather..."))

    C.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home