Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Waiting

We went to the hospital this morning to have chest xrays taken.

The Boy thought it was very cool to see his insides. Again he was very brave, but there was a look of slight panic/nervousness on his face when I couldn't stand next to him during the actual taking of the xrays.

His spine is nice and straight which would only be of interest to me, a sufferer of scoliosis.

Try as I might, I couldn't really distinguish his exact lungs to see if they were cloudy or clear, but the general area looked the same as the rest of the picture - except for the bones, of course.

Darn my google medical degree.

The radiologist will read the xray in the next two to three business days and our doctor will call to give us the diagnosis.

On the way home The Boy said, "Mom, I thought you said I had to take medicine when I had the xrays done."

"I did say that, honey. Our doctor will call the store next week and we'll go get the medicine. You'll have to take it for a long time. You will be almost six years old by the time you finish."

"Six years old? Whoa, that's a long time!"

Yes it is, sweetie.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Cricket said…

    I hope it comes back clear, although pills are in his future anyway. How is he at taking pills? Or do they have a liquid? (a yummy, of course) I remember my son started taking pills around age 5. It works for him to put some water in his mouth, tilt his head, drop the pill as far back as possible, then get more drink. Honestly, it's much easier than getting a med liquid in him.

    I remember when my sister took the pills, if she forgot to get her automatic refill at the health dept, they'd call her pretty quickly to keep her on track. That put it in perspective how important the treatment is.

     
  • At 5:12 AM, Blogger Alleen said…

    whoa, that is a long time. Glad he's taking it like a champ.

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I missed the last couple of posts...

    Congratulations on the future doctor. Maybe now that he's seen his insides he has even more interest!!

    I hope the diagnosis comes back with good news.

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am praying for Great news. This has got to be very stressful.


    Oh to think 6 years is a long time again.....

    Julie

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    echoing julie....

    Carla

     

Post a Comment

<< Home