Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

A different kind of doctor visit

The Boy's primary caregiver met me outside when I picked him up from daycare Tuesday afternoon. She wanted to inform me in private that she caught The Boy and a girl under the slide that afternoon "touching each other's pee-pees".

MFH brought it up to him that night as they were getting him ready for bed. I overheard the conversation.

According to The Boy, there were two other children involved, and the older girl started it. I have mentioned that The Boy has never lied to us. He doesn't always like to offer up the truth easily, but this conversation was so casual and low key that I had to believe it.

Besides, I have observed the older girl in the past touching herself or her little sister inappropriately. The older boy involved is new and I know nothing about him at all.

I brought up what he told his dad to the caregiver last night at pickup. She said that she hadn't seen the other two children. She also mentioned that The Boy told her the truth immediately but his counterpart had tried to lie about it. When she asked The Boy what they were doing, he said they were "playing doctor".

We have never used that term.

I am thrilled, though, to know that he is interested in the medical profession!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    It was inevitable. I'm not sure there's a kid out there that doesn't try it at least once. At least he was honest about it and I'm sure dad was able to explain why not to do so again.....

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger [] said…

    It's utterly charming that the caregiver used the word "pee-pee."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home