Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, May 07, 2007

On hold

On April 12 I sent an email with an attached resume to apply for a position with a motorcycle dealership in the city we are hoping to move to. It was a position for which I am highly qualified.

On a whim, I also sent the documents for MFH to apply with the same dealership for the position of service manager.

I want him to get out of wrenching. It is ruining his body, and making him an old man before his time. His rotator cuff is shot on his right arm, and his back is constantly giving him fits. This is a position of management with no physical labor involved.

He heard back almost immediately. That was a good thing, I thought, because it's important to know where he stands on the job front first so that I know where I need to be as far as income is concerned.

Since then MFH has been there 3 different times for interviews. We still don't know. It sounds as though they want to hire him, but we have yet to see an offer.

In the meantime, I have heard nothing of the position I applied for. I figured his position was harder to fill, and if they hired him they really didn't want family members working together. Although, during one of his interviews the owner did ask him which one of us was better suited to work there.

I won't put our house on the market until we have a solid offer. We can't put an offer on a house in good faith until we know if we can afford the house and when we will need to move. The house we are really interested in does not want an offer contingent on us selling our house.

It's a vicious cycle.

No pun intended.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck with all of it. Buying and Selling of homes is TRAUMATIC. Losing pets is TRAUMATIC. Life changes like getting a new job is also not at all easy. You've a lot going on.

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    I get so frustrated with businesses that advertise and then take forever to hire the position. They expect people who are interested to put their lives on hold indefinitely. I had a job call me 10 months after I submitted my resume...and they sounded surprised when I said I had accepted another position.

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    vicious cycle.

    you make me laugh.

    and should write a book...

    Carla

     

Post a Comment

<< Home