Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Kids are an excellent source of entertainment

I don't cook on Fridays. Or Saturdays. That will probably change if we move to the boondocks, but for now, that's the way it is.

The Boy is a notoriously slow eater. He rarely finishes his meal at the restaurant. Once we get home, he'll settle in on the loveseat with his food and finish eating while watching television.

Last Friday he was doing exactly that when I heard him screech and start crying. When I looked over at him, he had tears streaming down his face and he was holding his finger. There was a partially eaten french fry laying on his lap.

I said, "Oh no you didn't! Did you just bite your finger instead of the french fry?"

He nodded.

You know how sometimes you have to turn away so they don't see the smirk on your face? I couldn't help it. I laughed right out loud! Then I did the right thing and apologized, and told him why I laughed. Once he realized the absurdity of it all, The Boy laughed right along with me.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    LMAO - and the fact you immediately recognized what he did means you've probably done it at some point in your life too!
    I thinking teaching our kids to laugh at themselves is great.

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with smiley.

    I laugh at my students all the time... right to their face. They are always, always shocked at first and then they laugh as well. I think the explanation and affection is what turns it all around.

    Kids are entertaining.

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger [] said…

    Tee-hee! I can remember doing the same thing when I was a kid. Gotta watch those things, they're sharp!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home