Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Defense

In his defense, I can somewhat understand my boss's request.

For sixteen years I have done it all. He hasn't had to worry about a thing in regard to his company finances. From processing billing, to accounts payable, to running the point of sale and accounting software, to signing the checks, to all transactions at the bank, to signing his name on loan paperwork - all of it. I'm sure it's overwhelming for him to imagine somebody else taking over for me and representing his best interests in this company.

True, at times it's been a thankless job and I often feel unappreciated, but still it's what I'm paid to do. Paid pretty well, I might add, with retirement and health insurance for my family. Not to mention the 6 weeks paid time off he gave me to spend with my new son, and the airfare for both me and MFH to pick him up in Guatemala.

With that said, I really can't think of any way that it's feasible to give him that kind of notice. I'm not sure what to do about that.

In other news, I must post this link in defense of Ms. J.olie's recent adoption. I've followed her story closely and felt that her recent adoption was on the up and up, but was happy to find this account of the story.

http://www.rainbowkids.com/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=471

We're always so quick to judge and believe based on what we read in the media, which is so often twisted and written to sell papers. I like Ms. J.olie. She is doing exactly what I wish I could do.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't have any opinion pro or con of Ms. Jo.lie, but I don't understand why she is under attack for adopting children. Her past antics got on my nerves. Her recent endeavors impress me. She's human. That's all. If I had her position in life I would go a similar route -- not the exact route, but something like it I'm sure.

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger [] said…

    Yeah, I see you there. I don't know why people are in a tizzy because she wants to spread the love.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home