Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Jinx

When we had our comparative market analysis done, they asked if we would be leaving the appliances behind. Most definitely, was my reply. Most new houses come with everything but the refrigerator, and ours is old so we'll just buy a new one.

Last week one day I said, "You know, I think we'll leave the washer and dryer behind, too. They must be 12 or 13 years old, and I would like to buy new ones."

Over the weekend my washing machine died. Water all around. Squeaking. Now sitting in the driveway waiting to be hauled off.

I should learn to keep my mouth shut.

ETA - Yes, we got the matching dryer. No, I didn't get the front loading style of washer that is all the rage because I don't fancy bending over that much and my MIL is not fond of her set. I took her word on it. I can't even hear this set running, it's that quiet.

It's kind of pitiful that I am excited to have new appliances.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger DD said…

    Look on the bright side: you should now get a spanking new dryer, too. They have to match, you know.

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Nice. I didn't get the front loading, either. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned that way. When we bought our house last year, my mom bought our fridge and my father in law bought our washer/dryer as a housewarming present. He passed away a few months later, and I really do think about him every time I use it. So, maybe they are just appliances, but there's a story behind them! Now you have a jinx story to go with yours!;-)

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    I LOVE new appliances. I did have a front loader in my old house - mostly because it used less water and we had a well that we didn't want to suck dry. I liked it a lot but hated having to buy the HE detergent because it was more expensive.

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    I have a thing for new appliances too. A girl can dream,right??? I'd LOVE,LOVE new kitchen appliances.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home