Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Should I sleep with one eye open?

Last May I had a mole removed that turned out to be highly irregular, but benign. Now I go back for twice yearly checkups to make sure the other suspicious moles aren't changing.

The doctor gave me the normal blah blah about using sunscreen, which I promised to do, and then FORBADE me to use a tanning bed ever again.

Okay, forbade is a bit strong. But, at the time, she did put the fear of G-d in me.

Well, that was ten months ago. Spring is in the air. I'm whiter than white.

MFH gave me a gift certificate to a tanning salon in my Christmas sock.

Either he's poo-pooing the doctor, or he's put a death wish on me.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    Hmmm...maybe you should hide the sharp objects while you sleep.

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger DD said…

    Not to bring on the doom and gloom, but I would see if you can exchange he GC for spa services and just buy yourself some sunless tanning lotion.

    Strangely, I'm still a little envious as my husband wouldn't even notice much less get me a GC.

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Maybe you should have someone try any food that he prepares for you before you eat it.

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger [] said…

    White is the new bronze!

    But if you look like a ghost, what dd said.

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yep I would sleep with one eye open! But then again, sometimes men just don't get it.

    Julie
    http://thelussierfamily.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home