Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Cabin fever

The weather has me down in the dumps. I know spring is a month away, and I know we need the moisture especially in the mountains, but I am over it. As I read the paper and watch the weather channel, I realize it isn't just here in my backyard - it's everywhere. And you all are probably tired of it, too.

The thing is, I was prepared for this weather back in December and January. We had our cold snaps but not much snow. I knew in the end we would pay for it.

Speaking of the end, the hockey boys are done. They lost three in the best of five playoff series. Joel is heading home to Canada mid-week, and Paul isn't sure yet when he'll go, but probably this week as well. We'll miss them, but even more than that, we'll miss having something to do on Friday and Saturday nights. Hockey has occupied the last 6 months of our lives! The Boy still has the month of March to play and then hockey is over for him, too.

The boys are leaving in the nick of time. We have a player from last year returning to visit for Spring Break on March 10, and now we'll actually have a bed for him to sleep in. MFH told him that we'll be gone on the 10th because The Boy has a tournament in Big City, but to come in and make himself at home, and we'll be back on the 11th.

Isn't it a good thing we didn't bother to get our house keys back from him?

2 Comments:

  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Jessie said…

    Sometimes things just work out handy like that, don't they?

    I'm super curious as to where you actually live. I'm thinking you're not too far from me?

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Happy said…

    I'm tired of winter too! I feel like I have been wearing the same winter clothing! I am so ready whip out some cute springy clothing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home