Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Poor Baby

My son is sick.

One thing that amazes me about him is that he responds immediately to medication. When he is feverish and I give him Tylenol, he feels better within minutes. Literally.

This morning, though, was a rarity. He threw up. That has happened only twice before in his life, but just as he's never had a potty accident, he knew he was going to "choke" and we made it to the bathroom. Because of his upset stomach I would not give him anything for his 103.5 fever. He slept most of the day, and now he's finally looking and acting like he feels better.

To all those moms who bring their kids to school sick because they are concerned with missing too many days and losing their jobs, thank you.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Being sick sucks. It's even worse when the kiddos are sick. We rarely get sick in our house-I attribute it to orange juice and a heavily garlic-laden diet.:-) I also read somewhere that you should stay away from all of the anti-bacterial stuff when your kids are young so that they can build up immunities. But really, I feel your pain. It is no fun throwing up...or cleaning it up!

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Blogger Jessie said…

    Yep. I feel the same way about people who bring their kids sick to school. I don't understand how it is worth it?!?

    I hope he feels better soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home