Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Confused

Today when I dropped The Boy off at preschool, Miss Melissa pulled a slip of paper out of an envelope and handed it to me. I saw that it had the names of all the children on it.

"This is if you want The Boy to participate in the Valentine's Day card exchange. We will be having a party that day, as well. Some of the parents don't want to participate, but I figured you were one that would."

I taught third grade for 7 years, and I never had a child not participate in Valentine's Day. I had children excused from Christmas activities, but that was a religious issue.

Is there something about Valentine's Day that I'm missing?

Anyone?

4 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger DD said…

    Maybe the "overt sexualism" of the day? Good lord. That's weird.

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    I'm not sure, but I think Jahovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Valentine's day. They don't celebrate any holiday, not even birthdays.

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Jessie said…

    I think that those parents are probably just cheap.

    But, then again, I have no faith in mankind today.

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I believe it is because of the Saint Valentines Day massacre.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home