Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Baby, it's cold outside!

I know, I know. It's winter in Montana. But even we feel the bite when it's 20 below zero upon waking in the morning.

This morning it was only 10 below. Woohoo! A heat wave!

Thank heavens for the sunshine. It's still dang cold, but at least you have the illusion of warmth. That's one of my favorite things about living in this valley.

One would hope that this extreme cold would freeze any and all bugs and germs that are inhabiting one's body.

Not so much.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger DD said…

    We just got our cold snap. Not -20 but close enough.

    Yep, I'll have to believe that at least the mosquito eggs are dead.

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Holy God, I don't think I would survive a day in that.

    Should I rub in the fact it was 82 here today? Seriously though, it's getting a little ridiculous. I mean, can we at least have some 60's???? I don't want to get the pool ready to go in Jan!!

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Oh, and yesterday evening, had to come inside because the mosquitos were attacking. Just not right in January.

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Blogger Happy said…

    Oh WOW!! That IS cold!! I don't envy you, but on the other hand in Philly, PA it has been abnormally warm so nothing has died (the bugs, poisen ivy, & sinus issues). I don't think this weird weather is good for the U.S.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home