Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Dreams

The Boy woke up last night with "nightmares". It happens about once a week. He never says what happens in them, and he always settles down if I lay with him just a few minutes. I wonder, though, what would give a four year old boy nightmares. Maybe he watches too much P0wer R@ngers?

In other dreams, MFH woke up this morning to tell me that in his dreams we found the house of our dreams. We did have to compromise, though, for 2.5 acres instead of 5. Darn it anyway. I had my heart set on those extra acres. I can't wait to have a bigger house with bigger rooms.

Have I mentioned how much I love the holidays? This is not just your average love affair - no sir. I LOVE them. I am giddy from Halloween through New Year's Day. And then it hits me.

It's over.

Blah.

And now I am faced with un-decorating. I'm ready for it, but not looking forward to it. My small house is full - cluttered almost - with holiday cheer. Every room has something to remind me of how much I love the season. I'm already looking forward to next year. I've even purchased my first gift. Sick, I know.

I am hoping that this house MFH dreamed of can better accommodate my illness.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Happy said…

    I have MS and when we moved I was really worried about a house w/a lot of steps. Currently steps are not an issue (and knock on wood) will never be, but what if when I 60 it is? So we ended up buying a split level. Yes, there are steps, but each flight is only 4 or 5 steps high.

    Good luck w/your house hunt and I hope you guys find what you're looking for!

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    I HATE the take-down after holidays too! Sigh.. But, I had to take the Christmas stuff down pretty quickly to give Gabriella her playroom back and get it out of my bedroom.

    Oh man, I dream of having acres! But, alas, it will probably remain a dream. I love my house and have woods in the back, but would love more land around us.

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Poor Boy, nightmares are a bummer. I had one of the scariest dreams of my life when I was about his age -- it was about a department-store mannequin coming to life and chasing me. Sounds funny when I type it out, but at age 4, it was bloodcurdling.

    Good luck with the undecorating!

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My mom loved holidays as well. It's lovely that you start shopping for them so early.

    It always made me sad when my cousin would have nightmares when she was a little girl. She would have nightmares about her brother flying around the room doing his demonic laugh at her. Poor kid.

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger DD said…

    The nightmares usually have everything to do with their expanding imagination, not necessarily what's going on around them. Nothing really to be done except exactly what you are doing.

    Frankly, I couldn't get the holiday decorations down fast enough.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home