Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

MIA?

I took the week off work because The Boy's preschool closed so the teachers could enjoy the holidays out of town with their families. I was so looking forward to it! We've never had the luxury of spending the days together doing holiday stuff, even if it would have probably been better to do it before Christmas when there's all the wrapping and baking to do.

I've been called in to work every stinking day.

More than once I've mentioned that I did take this week off and it was approved by the powers that be. But you know, it is the end of the year and there's all this stuff that needs to be done......and apparently I'm the only one who can take care of most of it even though my paycheck would not reflect that fact.

I am getting to sleep in, though, and that's nice.

I could get used to that.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Happy said…

    That has happened to me before and stinks. Since I'm an administrative assistant I was usually able to do the work from my home computer (thank goodness becaused I have an hour commute into the city). Now I tend to screen w/the answering machine (works double duty w/the MIL calls), but I made sure to let my friends and parents know that I was indeed screening so leave a message.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home