Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Santa Gift

I believe that every child should get the one thing they really, really want for Christmas. That one special thing. Without getting told "You'll shoot your eye out!"

With that said, I highly anticipated this year's trip to see Santa at the mall because I didn't know what The Boy was going to ask for. Oh sure, I've been shopping for a long time, picking up things I knew he wanted but he was never specific about the Santa gift.

His visit with Santa was great. The Boy was wearing his N.D. Fighting Si0ux hockey jersey. Santa and his elves knew about hockey and knew about this team, The Boy's favorite. They talked about that for a minute, and The Boy told Santa about playing hockey. Then came the minute I was waiting for, and believe me, my ears were straining to hear the conversation.

"What can Santa bring you for Christmas?"

"I want the Mystic Li0n Staff!"

Whew. It's one of the items I picked up months ago, not knowing he wanted it but knowing it would be sold out by now. I didn't know he also wanted dinosaurs, so I picked some of those up as well. When I tucked The Boy in for bed Sunday night he said, "Shoot! I should have asked Santa for some dragons!" Of course I got some today because it's important to me that he believes in the magic of Santa.

I'll try to scan the Santa picture and post it tonight. It's priceless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home