Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, November 27, 2006

O Christmas Tree

Once upon a time MFH and I went to the woods for our Christmas tree. I must have the perfect Christmas tree - you know the one. No bare spots, symmetrical all around. etc. Then we started going to tree lots, because it was just easier than hiking in the woods in the snow. For hours. But now we were spending hours driving from lot to lot for the perfect tree. It was ridiculous. And then we'd get home, and the tree would be too big for our small room.

Now?

Artificial tree. It's just easier. They are perfect every year. And the lights are already on there! They don't shed and they don't need water. The other day I actually saw a remote control tree. You don't have to put it together, just push a button and it rises out of a pile on the floor. Okay that one kind of creeped me out, because what is the basis of the tree constructed out of? Does it have branches?

Anyway, we put our tree up Saturday night. The Boy got to decorate the bottom third all by himself. He did a nice job, if I do say so myself. Every tree should have a couple dozen candy canes on the bottom third of the tree.



This is a pretty big deal for me. I used to spend days decorating the tree, switching the ornaments around and making sure the tinsel was exactly the same length on both sides of the branch.

This year?

I wouldn't change a thing.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger [] said…

    My boyfriend and I got an artificial tree last year; it's awesome! The only thing I missed was having all the family ornaments on it.

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger DD said…

    OK, where have I been?! I've missed your past couple of posts (I am so, very, and deeply sorry about what happened with The Girl even though you have been thrice blessed with The Boy).

    I just saw on HGTV on "I Want That" where you can buy real-looking pine cones that smell like pine trees and add the smell to your home w/o the mess of a real tree. I'm thinking that sounds like the perfect compromise to me. Certainly better looking than the paper deodorizers.

    Happy belated Thanksgiving to you, my dear. Give The Boy an extra sloppy kiss from me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home