Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Have you ever

seen the commercial where the blond girl is twirling her hair and she says "I don't eat meat. I'm a ve-tri-nar-i-an."?

Veterinarian, vegetarian, to-ma-to, to-mah-to. It's all the same.

I think she is the vet who examined my Coal at the clinic on Tuesday.

We have taken our dogs to this same clinic all their lives. Girl-vet called MFH and said she was concerned with Coal's raspy breathing. MFH says, "He's been that way ever since Dr. H did the trachial tie-back." Oh. He had a trachial tie-back? She didn't see that. Well, that explains the breathing. She's then concerned about the lameness in his leg seemingly without injury. MFH says, "He had an ACL injury that we didn't know about until much later in his life. It's all in his file. Did you even read his file?"

Sheesh.

Coal is doing much, much better. He's eating again, walking better, and wagging his tail a lot.

You're welcome, buddy.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger [] said…

    Like, I totally went to Vet skewwwwl! Reminds me of Dr Kylie from Mad TV.

    Glad Coal is doing better.

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger ArkayToday said…

    Reminds me of when I took Dolly in for a urinary problem. The vet x-rayed her and as we both looked a the film, she pointed to a series of dark spots and said, I think these are her nipples.

    It was an informal look, just to see if she saw anything obvious. She has a consulting radiologist who comes in a couple times a month. But still... "I think these are her nipples." ???

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger ArkayToday said…

    Dolly's a black lab too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home