Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, November 20, 2006

It's definitely Monday

A member of management gave his notice this morning, after receiving a 40% cut in salary on Friday afternoon at 5:30. He looked tired. All I could say was "wow".

It seems sneaky and cowardly of the president and general manager. Shame on them.

I worry. Not for me alone, but for everyone. This is not the type of thing that would have happened when I came to work here 15.5 years ago.

Then?

I just got a call from the preschool. There are two confirmed cases of strep throat at The Boy's school.

I am expecting both of our families for Thanksgiving dinner.

Sigh.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ahhhhh
    Im sure that the strep stuff is in my future.
    I USED to be an adult who never got sick.

    Now, have you looked at the american apparel OTK TUBESOX?

    they are looooong and with a skirt that is short they come to the top....blk skirt, get those sox, HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY :)

    Carla

     
  • At 7:06 AM, Blogger beth said…

    ...hang in there.

    and have a happy (and hopefully strep-free) Thanksgiving.

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger [] said…

    Wow, that's rough. Stay healthy, Happy Holidays!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home