Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, December 01, 2006

The things you do for love

I have my acrylic nails done every two weeks, usually on Friday.

I always have them painted red.

Like Julia's pink in Steel M@gnolias, it's my "signature color".

This morning before we left the house, I said to the boy, "I feel like doing something different with my nails today. Maybe I should paint them a different color. What do you think?"

"Yes," he said. "I think you should paint them gold. I like gold."

The kid has good taste. I like gold, too.

The closer it got to my appointment, the more I wavered on this.

My nail tech was surprised when I plopped the gold bottle down on his table. "No red?"

"It's the holiday season. Let's do something festive," I say.

I've worn acrylic nails for a looong time. My own are brittle and thin and not worth painting. Literally every time I've gone with a color other than red, I've regretted it. Usually sooner than later. I'm not liking the gold so much. It looks weird, probably mainly because it's not red. It might be better if I had my summer tan. It kind of looks like I'm jaundiced, if that's a word. Like in yellow jaundice?

(See OPI? You should hire me to name your nail polish colors. I'd be good at it. A color with the name Yellow Jaundiced would be very popular.)

I know The Boy will grin from ear to ear when he sees my nails. But, next time? Red.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Don't we get to see pics of the gold nails???

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger DD said…

    Yep. This requires pictures and a vote.

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Im so like that as well. IM NOT REALLY A WAITRESS used to be my color back in the acrylic days!

    Carla

     

Post a Comment

<< Home