Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Thoughtful gift giving

We try to involve The Boy in deciding what gifts to give at Christmas. It's always interesting to see what he comes up with.

I can't say what he got his dad, because MFH sometimes reads this blog. I will say it is something they can use together, and his dad will love it. He made each of his grandmas a bird's nest out of a gourd and an ornament for the Christmas tree, something he does each year. He bought his grandpa a game for his G@meboy, as they both love video games.

He told me he wanted to buy me a ring, to replace the one I lost at T@rget. I said, "Honey, I didn't lose a ring at T@rget." "Yes you did, mommy," he said. I asked him when. He said, "Remember when we were shopping and you blew your nose and your ring fell out and we couldn't find it on the floor?"

Ah yes.

A few months ago I had a bad head cold. Well, most of the fall for that matter, but that's beside the point. I have my nose pierced. At the time, I was wearing a simple stud that just bent down along the inside of my nostril. When I blew my nose and wiped it, the nose stud fell out and I couldn't find it.

It just warmed my heart that he remembered that, and wanted to replace it for me. I don't recall caring that much that I had lost it, but apparently it made an impact on him. Everyone should put that much thought into their gift giving.

MFH came to me a bit later and said, "The Boy wants to buy you a ring to replace the one you lost at T@rget. Do you know what he's talking about?"

Yes. Yes I do.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger DD said…

    I'm always amazed at what the remember. That is very sweet of him to want to get you a new "ring". He certainly deserves something special for the holidays.

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a cutie pie kid...

    I think the gold nails look lovely, by the way... especially with the GORGEOUS ring.

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    That's so sweet of him to think of his mommy like that. Warms your heart I bet!

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger [] said…

    What a sweetie!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home