Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Justified Ingrate

In reference to the scrooged post below, and just so you don't think I'm one of those ungrateful employees that expects too much, let's recap 2006 with my boss, the alleged Mr. Scrooge.

Remember when he bought the new Landcruiser and then immediately put it on our lot for sale because he decided he didn't like the color?

Remember when he replaced the year old carpet that he chose when he built his huge new house up on the hill because his new live in girliefriend said it was too rough?

Remember when he paid $925,000 for the unfinished penthouse apartment in the gated community? Just for an investment? His view is of the cement plant a few miles away, which is why he got such a good price.

He hired an overpriced manager (by overpriced I mean he was paid more than me and I've been here 15.5 years. On the other hand, he probably didn't spend his day blogging.Or, maybe he did, because none of us could ever find him or figure out what he did all day.) Then, when pricey manager couldn't do the job, boss hired an overpriced assistant to help out - instead of just firing Mr. Manager.

And, in fairness to us ungrateful employees, in all the years I've been here money has been no object when it comes to the Christmas party. It's always been a nice dinner out where we have the chance to get a babysitter and get dressed up for a meal that doesn't include chicken nuggets.

*edited to add* OH! I just found out there's going to be a drawing for an iP0d at the party. A little incentive for those of us that might be hesitant to attend. Since I am not the type that ever wins anything, this doesn't hold much water with me.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger DD said…

    There's no doubt that man is a scrooge. My husband's boss scrooged him for years and then one year, paid for all of his employees and their wives to go to Vegas. It must have been a particularly good year, because now he's back to doing what your boss does and that is having the party at the office.

    However, I have to admit that's better than my employer. "Here's $25 bonus. Merry Christmas". Gee, thanks.

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Didn't you recently win a motorcycle???
    Who says you don't win anything???;-)

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Happy said…

    What a story! He sounds like quite a chararacter. So, what's the verdict? Are you going to attend the potluck holiday party because you might win an IPod?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home