Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Solutions

Yesterday The Boy had a better day than Friday, meaning he did get to have recess. But, he still had "some troubles" as he says. We looked at the super cool stickers I got for the calendar after we got home, and I am hoping it will entice him to do better today. He immediately turned on his listening ears when we got into the car this morning, so he is aware of the problem and the solution.

One amazing thing about The Boy is that he'll tell me of his troubles. Nobody has to tell on him. He readily fesses up, and he doesn't lie. That's admirable, I think.

We made progress at home with regard to bedtime meltdowns. MFH had a great idea, and it appeared to work at least this one time. We got a clock and at 7:45 showed The Boy when it would be 8:00. Then it would be time for jammies but he could come back out and have a snack. That worked fine and he really watched the clock. As he was snacking we told him that at 8:30 it would be time to brush teeth and have a story before bed. Again he watched the clock, and off he went without protest. It was a very pleasant evening.

Ever since The Boy was a baby he's had some type of background noise to sleep by. We have a radio/cd player on his dresser and lately he's been falling asleep to his favorite song.

Cr@zy Tr@in.

By 0zzy.

That might account for his nightmares, the little metal head.

We're just so proud.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my! Crazy Train?!?!?!
    I love it! I need to get M listening to some Ozzy....

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger [] said…

    Just wait till ya hear what he's listening to when he's 13.

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Andrea said…

    My DH and I walked back down the aisle to Crazy Train after we got married. Yup, that was FUN watching my grandparents eyes wiggle just a wee bit, trying to figure out who it was. Heh.

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger Vanessa said…

    Hee! My daughter loves Queen -- it's her father's legacy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home