Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, January 19, 2007

gas

I am not yet of the age -thank God- where, as a woman, you can burp or fart or say whatever you want (although I am often guilty of this one anyway) in public without anyone raising an eyebrow.

I know it isn't even ladylike to talk about it. And in some circles I might be considered a lady. Some very loose circles.

But, I live in a house full of testosterone. We talk about bodily functions. A lot.

MFH says life gives him gas.

The Boy can literally fart at will.

Joel has never farted in front of me, but I hear through the testosterone grapevine that he can really rip one off.

And the dog? Let's not go there. He is old.

Lately I've been really gassy, too. I've been working out daily for 30 minutes when I wake up in the morning. I'd like to think the toxins are working themselves out of my body in this manner. The men in my family are amused by this excuse. They are not, however, amused by my, um, condition.

Like my dear departed grandmother used to say. "You can't sweat 'em out between your ribs!"

4 Comments:

  • At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are absolutely correct... When the fat cells shrink the fat in the cells dissapates in the sweat, the urine, the feces, the breath, and the gas. I swear it's true. I read it in an article in my dad's Journal of American Medical Association. This is also the reason why it is important to drink more water when you're working on weight loss -- the water makes the process easier because the fat is flushed most efficiently in sweat and urine.

    Congratulations on sticking to an exercise routine!

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Happy said…

    Woohoo Spanglish! I hope you're right because I am one gassy girl! I thought it was because I eat a lot of fiber (fruits & veggies) to keep everything running smoothly. Luckily my husband isn't bothered by my gassy state.

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    ROTFLMAO!

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    I never fart around anyone! My husband is convinced that I don't produce gas!!!(at least out the rear!) However, when I am home alone or with the little ones, I feel comfortable enough to do it! I guess I'm afraid it will obliterate my lady license. Who knows, maybe in a few years, I'll get over it, but for now, I'm staying a lady(at least in that regard!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home