Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Skincare: His POV

I have always taken good care of my skin, even back when all my girlfriends slept in their makeup. I still know women who do that. One, because she can't stand for her husband to see her without it. They've been married for probably 25 years now. Maybe that is the recipe for a successful marriage - never let him see you without makeup. Then again, maybe not, seeing as how he's propositioned me on more than one occasion.

Anyway.

I used to use Cl1nique faithfully, but recently switched to O1l of Ol@y. I like it, but am always on the lookout for new products, both skincare and makeup.

I've mentioned my fascination with those shopping channels. When I go to bed at around 10:00 I flip back and forth between the two shopping channels on our cable network. Often they are spotlighting skincare products.

I was talking to MFH about this the other night. One I was particularly interested in was called Ph1l0s0phy. I summarized the products for him along with the pricing and wondered aloud if it's really that good and would it be beneficial to try it. (Even though if you used ALL those products? I think the end result would be fantastic because you would have filled in all the wrinkles with one cream on top of another!)

His response?

"It seems to me that it would be cheaper to just have a facelift every 5 or 10 years."

3 Comments:

  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Easy for him say!!!! He wouldn't be the one walking around with bruises all over his face and looking like he lost a fight with a herd of kangaroos(do they come in herds??).

    I must admit.. I completely neglect my skin.

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    I neglect my skin horribly. I am one of those lazy women that go to bed with make-up on. I don't know if it's laziness or that I'm afraid that my husband will see what I really look like too often.

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger Happy said…

    I've heard good things about Philosophy and I like Amazing Grace. I buy store brand (not Clinique because you have to go to a department store and makde a 2nd trip). I use Oil of Olay also. They have this fun self heating daily facial peel that I really like (it is sort of pricey for CVS or Eckerd) and I love their daily moisturizer w/sunscreen.

    Sometimes I wonder about men and their mindset.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home