Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

One Smart Cookie

We attended the regular season year end banquet for our hockey players Sunday evening.

There are a number of fundraisers for the team, including raffle drawings. The Boy's number was chosen and when he stepped up to the podium he was offered a choice of this jersey or a hockey stick signed by the team.

Later that night I said, "Honey, I love your new jersey. I'm curious, though, why you didn't choose the hockey stick."

He said, "Because, Mama, there was writing all over it and I knew you wouldn't let me play with it."

5 Comments:

  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Cricket said…

    Classic. He's a fast thinker, that'll serve him well. That jersey is gorgeous!

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger DD said…

    It scares me sometimes how they actually have us figured out.

    I'm glad you talked to his teacher about what had happened earlier. Have you know been prompted to have "the talk" earlier than you had anticipaed?

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Very smart little dude! And very cute, also!!!

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger rdhdprincess said…

    Heh. Smart boy! Great picture, he's just adorable!

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My God The Boy is beautiful. When I was little I had a doll who looked just like him.

    I'm horrified about what happened at his school. What a weird story.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home