Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Cleaning out my closet

In response to Michelle's comment, yes, I was forced to switch to new blogger. When I tried to sign in yesterday, I couldn't. I was instructed that in order to proceed I must sign up for a Google account. Once I did that I was informed that my blog was being transferred to the new format. It really is no different, other than having to sign into two accounts instead of one, which admittedly is a pain in the butt.

Paul, the new hockey player for the remainder of the season, showed up last night at around 11:30. He is not a Canuck, but was simply transplanted there to play on a hockey team. He is originally from Chicago, and is 19 years old. In response to Jessie, The Boy will be 5 years old in April. Having hockey players for surrogate brothers has been an awesome program for him. He gets a feel for what it's like to have a sibling, albeit a much older one, plus so far we have been blessed with good role models.

Poor Paul is in our only free spare room which I fondly call the "pink room". The Boy calls it Grandma's Room. The closet and dressers in there served as storage space for us, so we had to clear it out. MFH used to manage a moving company and he never burns bridges, so he procured some moving boxes for us and we proceeded to clear the room. Remember my crafty MIL? Yeah. The closet was FULL of Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Easter decorations, many of which I had forgotten about.

The only evidence left that it was Grandma's Room is the mauve carpet and one shelf that has a heart motif. He should get absolutely no shit from the rest of the team over that.

Paul showed up with one small suitcase and his backpack as he packed in a hurry to be able to get here in one day, so we probably wouldn't have needed to clear the closet.

But, that's one room less to pack up when we move. If we move.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :)

    Our guest room, my mom's room, is also girly. Pink walls girly.

    So did you decide to tell the boy about the goal?

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger Jessie said…

    When in April is his birthday? Little Boy will be 5 on April 22.

    And older siblings rock! Teenage Boy and Little Boy get along very well...most days anyway.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home