Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Just between us moms

At hockey practice Monday night I got to re-live the glory of The Boy scoring two goals in the wrong net.

One mom wasn't there, but saw the incidents on the video her husband took of the game. She laughed about it and asked if The Boy had fun.

Another mom, J, has two boys in hockey. The oldest is very talented. The youngest, on The Boy's team, is a good puck handler, but The Boy is a better skater. Rarely do the players excel at both skills until later in life. She really didn't have much to say. I do like her and was surprised she couldn't laugh at it with the rest of us. It was almost as if she was being smug - like "my boys would never have done such a thing."

The other mom, K, cracked me up. She had this to say, "I consider it a successful game whenever my son is not found laying on the ice making angels."

So there you have it.

It can always be worse.

For the record, he still doesn't know he did it. Should we tell him? Obviously it's something he needs to know. You know, just so he scores for his own team next time.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Hee hee!!! Some mom's take life a little too seriously, huh?

    Yeah, I guess you gotta break it to him gently somehow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home