Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

On the radio

When I listen to the radio, I don't really "listen" to the radio. It's mostly just mindless background noise for me.

BUT

I distinctly heard this on my drive to work-

the DJ was talking about inventions that people thought were useless or wished would just disappear. He mentioned things like leaf blowers and jet skis.

The number one item on the list?

High heels.

Clearly they didn't survey any men.

Or me.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger [] said…

    Useless? That's odd; high-heels were originally invented to make men appear taller.

    Why any man would want to make them go away is just baffling!

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Hee hee. Love it!

    And as a former jetski owner - man, what a blast!! So, not useless.

     
  • At 6:20 AM, Blogger Cricket said…

    Here's a timely article for you...

    http://socialitelife.com/2007/03/16/you_poor_bastards_shoes_gone_wrong.php

     
  • At 1:22 AM, Blogger Vanessa said…

    Hmph! I love high heels. Not because I'm a shoe person per se, but because I want to be taller. I'm 5'6," and nothing makes me happier than wearing shoes that make me 5'8" or 5'9"!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home