Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Facelift

The house, not me.

Our comparative market analysis came in right about where we thought it would. Originally we were going to offer an allowance for paint, but we've decided the house would show better if we spiffed things up a bit.

Besides, my MIL is the queen of painting and has offered to do it for us. Bless her heart.

And no, we are not yet set on going - but it needs the paint regardless.

We need to do the living room and the dining room. Does anyone have any idea on a good selling color? Should me remain warm and neutral, like beige? I don't want to go white, but I don't want to spend the time and money painting only to have the new owners hate it and paint over it right away. I know that's none of my business, but it would be so wasteful.

We spent the weekend in Big City at The Boy's last hockey tournament of the season - and he scored a goal! Yeah! Anyway we took the opportunity to go a day early and look at some houses. We found one we really like, brand new, in a development on the outskirts of town. Now we know where we want to live if we go.

I would really like to live in a brand new house.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Cricket said…

    Although I have no expertise, I would say to go with beige in the big rooms; I wouldn't anticipate being able to predict what someone would want, but I will say that most people expect beige. Perhaps you could do some colors in the kitchen or bathrooms.

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    beige colors do sell well. I painted my dining room a beautiful color -- it's either a Behr or Glidden paint called Coconut. It's more yellow than beige, but it's a really soft beige-ish creamy yellow. Lovely.

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger DD said…

    I'm a color gal but when we painted the new house, I wanted "neutrals". I found some that weren't boring beige. Think of the color of sand or wheat. I love those colors.

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    yep, keep it neutral, but definitely some kind of color other than white. It will warm it up much more.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home