Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Giving notice

In early February my boss went to G.reece. The Friday before he left, he called me and our conversation started something like this:

"So, I hear you might be moving."

"Really. I wonder where you heard that?"

It boiled down to a friend of his in the same industry as MFH had heard through the grapevine, which is odd, because we have mostly kept this to ourselves and a few close family members. But that's okay, because now the cat is out of the bag. It was just kind of uncomfortable being caught off guard like that. I told him of all the things that had to fall into place in order for the move to happen, and also all the reasons behind wanting to move. I've been here 16 years and there is no reason to bullshit anyone. He is my friend, too, and he was very understanding.

This week he asked if it still looked as though we might move. Well, things still have to fall into place, but we are beginning to make it happen. The house is being painted as we speak, a lovely color called "Oats", which needed to be done whether or not we move. Next, MFH needs to secure a job.

Speaking of jobs, my boss dropped this bombshell on me:

"I will need to have three months notice after we hire someone in order for you to train them properly on the use of our software. Then, I would like you to monitor the books on a remote basis for an additional six months."

Say what?

7 Comments:

  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger DD said…

    Did you say, "Or else what?"

    I guess I would have been laughing so hard, I wouldn't have been able to ask.

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yikes! 3 months.

    Hummm, is that legal?

    Did you say how much will my raise be for the remote 6 months!

    Jules

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Jessie said…

    Tell him that you would be willing to do that for him. At double your current salary and they pay all of your moving expenses. See, if you weren't working for him still, you could move yourself and it would be cheaper! Therefore they owe it to you!

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Ditto what DD said. bahhhhhaaaaahaaaaaa

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    "Loser boss says what?"
    My response would have been something like, "Yeah and I would like World Peace, but that ain't gonna happen, either!"

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    Glad to hear you work for such a reasonable man. Although being paid to work remotely for 6 months might be a nice perk. :)

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger Cricket said…

    I have nothing to add, but his pompousness sure struck me. I hope you charge large consultant fees and that you have been well compensated thus far, considering how obviously valuable you are.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home