Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Growing up

I found out yesterday that I have to sign The Boy up for kindergarten on Thursday morning.

Big boy school.

I cried.

When I called MFH he said, "Why are you crying? This is exciting. It's a good thing!"

"Not when it's your only baby," I replied.

I don't understand why I'm having such a hard time with this. The Boy is so excited about school. He's been in daycare or preschool since he was one year old.

Why is this so different?

5 Comments:

  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger DD said…

    Because it really does feel like any trace of your baby will be gone. He'll be acknowledged as a big boy by everyone around who asks him if he's going to school.

    You know that poem about letting them go and if they come back to you, they were meant to be yours...or some such crap. I hate that poem.

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Jessie said…

    I'm going through the same thing with Little Boy. I'm having a hard time with it too. Why must they insist on growing???

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    *hugs* I can't imagine.

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    I'm thinking that one's going to be hard for me too. Thank goodness it's a few years away, but ugh.... He's still your baby though!!

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    I cried last year too when I signed my only up for Kindergarten last year. They grow up so fast. Just found your blog today. We're thinking about trying with doctor's again for a second. We tried once before when DD was 2-3, but it didn't work out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home