Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Calgon, take me away

It's one of those days.

I like my job, but my boss? Drives me nuts. To be fair, I probably get under his skin too.

On this day I really can't even stand the sight of him.

It's time to move on.

It's been ages since I've needed a resume or cover letter, obviously. I have painstakingly written both now, and I really wish I had paid more attention to all those resumes that have come across our fax machine in the last few months. It's difficult not to give too much information, but I want to be sure to give enough so they can fairly judge what it is I've done here. As for cover letters - they just seem so dull and I want to snazz it up a little, but do I dare?

And then there are the references. Of course I have to use above mentioned boss, but I don't really want to use only people from this organization. Then again, nobody else knows of my work history because I've been here so damn long.

Too long.

I found three jobs in Big City's Sunday newspaper that I will be applying for, pretty much along the same lines as what I do now, only more specialized instead of being a one man show.

And, I made a big decision. I will be giving one month's notice. That is fair. I may have to be accessible to train or consult on a further basis, but not in the office and only at my convenience.

After all, if I am worth so much to him tomorrow, I was worth that much to him yesterday as well, and I'm not feeling it.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger DD said…

    You nailed it with that last sentence.

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger [] said…

    Wonderful! When it's time to go, it's time to go. Best of luck.

     
  • At 6:46 AM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Yep, gotta look out for yourself! A month is more than generous.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger beth said…

    Good luck to you! It's funny--a few weeks ago I did the same thing. I've been here 10 years and it was *so* hard to update my resume and write a cover letter.

    And I agree that a month is generous. Good for you.

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Change can be cathartic. Good luck.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home