Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Born lucky?

The Boy has won something each and every time he's had a raffle ticket.

Imagine his sad little self last week at the hockey banquet when they called number after number and not once did the number match his own ticket.

"Mama, they don't know we have this number, do they," he said.

"Honey, " I said, "you won't win everytime you have a ticket. It just doesn't work that way. They have a lot of tickets in that bucket and not everyone can win."

I had barely finished that sentence when they called out his number.

I'll be damned.

I'm gonna buy that kid a lottery ticket.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Jessie said…

    Wanna split the cost of that lottery ticket?

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger DD said…

    Damn! Jessie beat me to it.

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    geeeeeesh, I NEVER win!

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow.

    whatta way to go through life...or as The Secret would say HE ATTRACTS IT.

    :)

    Carla

    ps--tried the emma handstamp thing and it doesnt work yet as she doesnt get that we want her hand FLAT. another 6 months perhaps? 16 years? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home