Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Nothing left hanging but the basket


Every year I get a hanging basket for Mother's Day. My son always picks a pink one because I am a girl. He has great logic.
This is the first Mother's Day in many years that I haven't had a four legged child in my house. Dad and The Boy went fishing to give me some alone time on my special day which seems a little contradictory to me, but it was nice and quiet. Too quiet.
Well, we finally heard from that motorcycle dealership. The owner and general manager wanted to hire MFH, but the HR chick thought his price tag was too high. The general manager regretfully told him that they hired a man for $25,000 a year.
Are you shocked?
I must admit, I am. This is a management position. Our beginning laborers make those kind of wages. That comes out to $12.00 an hour if you only work the average 40 hours per week. Managers would generally work more than that.
MFH stated, "Good for you. I hope he turns out to be all that you need in that position."
GM replied, "Yeah, so do I."

7 Comments:

  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    Great flowers - I love flowers and pretty hanging baskets.

    Morons - I hope they learn that they get what they pay for.

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Morons indeed... $25,000 a year is just ridiculous.

    Will another puppy be coming to Casa Stilleto soon? Do you need the pitter patter of puppy paws yet? Puppies work wonders to make the mourning process more tolerable. The sadness doesn't go away, of course... but it is certainly easier to cope.

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger DD said…

    What did this company do? Hire a kid straight out of tech school? That action right there shows what kind of management your husband could have been saddled with.

    Hey! The Boy is in something besides the Swoosh!

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger Cricket said…

    What a beautiful picture!

    HR strikes again. Just ask DD. heh

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Wow! Wow....25K for management. Scary.

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Love that picture!!!!!!!!!

    25K????? WTF???

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    FINALLY A PIC OF YOUR PRETTY FACE

    (and amazing hair. *sigh* I got chickenbussed in that department)

    ADORE the boys hockeyplayeresque hair!!

    Carla

     

Post a Comment

<< Home