Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

I finally asked him

This morning The Boy had his sketch pad in the living room. When I went to get him so he could take his bath, I noticed he had drawn two pictures on the page.

"Those pictures look like dogs! Did you draw Puppy Coal?"

"That little one is when Puppy Coal was a baby," he replied. "I will cut it out and you can take it to your work."

A bit later, he brought it to me. "I miss Puppy Coal," he sighed.

"Can mommy ask you why you didn't cry when we had to send Puppy Coal to Heaven?"

"Because I didn't want him to know he was going away."

4 Comments:

  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Oh my. That is the sweetest thing. And so very brave.

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Cricket said…

    Wow, a stiff upper lip with a purpose. It's amazing sometimes just how much they think, how much is going on upstairs.

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what a precious boy you have.

    ...........me.........crying again for you...

    hugs -- julie

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger DD said…

    I had to suck back a sob on that one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home