Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Our House


This is the house we bought on Saturday. We offered, they countered, we accepted. Done. It's not the dream house for either of us, but it has enough of what we both wanted. It's on two acres, one which is landscaped, and one which will be the site of our shop, and with room for The Boy to ride motorcycles, etc.
Our home goes on the market Wednesday. I hope it gets "done" soon as well.
On Wednesday, MFH will travel to The City to solidify a new job.
We hope to relocate the first of July.
I just finished a meeting with my boss. I asked about the possibility of performing my major duties by remote access part-time. It is our hope that I can stay home, or at least only work the hours that The Boy is in school this fall, and keeping this job would be ideal in that scenario.
I don't do well with change, and am kind of nauseous.
We are still waiting for the results of the xray. The Boy seems out of sorts, not about the xray, though. I finally realized that it must be about moving. All we've really talked about is the possiblilty that he'll be home with me for the summer but we've failed to talk about any impact on him besides that. We tried to address some of it last night.
I'm sorry this looks like one long paragraph. I can't seem to get the format to work out when I post pictures.

8 Comments:

  • At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the house.

    So excited for you to be at home with the boy. I sold my business to be a SAHM and I Love it (well today I love it -- tomorrow, well that could change.)

    Are you moving far? Like to a new state?

    I am so nervous about change, UGG. I am patiently waiting for the news on the x-rays.

    Hugs and Prayers --

    Julie

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger [] said…

    What a beautiful house!

    Good luck with the sale.

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger DD said…

    Congrats on your new home. I think it looks quite nice and it looks like you should have an amazing view from the deck on the back.

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    Exciting! Looks like a great house!

     
  • At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    great house and Im so excited to be your long dist. SAHMAMAstrangerfriend.

    it's a ride.

    Carla

     
  • At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    and I love this part!!

    ----

    one which will be the site of our shop, and with room for The Boy to ride motorcycles


    :)

    carla

     
  • At 6:00 AM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Love the house!! I wish we had more land.

    Anxious to hear about the x-ray results.

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Happy said…

    What a beautiful house! Congratulations! Good luck w/the job situation and hopefully stress will remain under control.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home