Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Losing pressure

MFH got the job he interviewed for last Wednesday in Big City. I forgot to mention that. He will be paid on flat rate billable hours. If a mechanical job books at 2.5 hours and he finishes the job in one hour, he gets paid his hourly wage times 2.5 for that job. His destiny is in his own hands. He can basically make as much as he wants to make as long as the work is there.

He also gets benefits like retirement and health insurance, which he doesn't get now. That is the main reason I have kept this job all these years.

My boss has asked me to outline which of my duties I deem feasible to perform from remote access. He would like me to keep the high end accounting duties, as I have extensive training on the two software packages we use here. He sees me training someone else for the rest of my duties over a six month period, probably traveling here once a week, and monitoring day to day business from my computer at home. That way we can keep our health and retirement benefits during the interim, and scale back my pay gradually.

The best news of the day?

My mother has loaned us enough money so we don't have to take a second, interest only mortgage on the new house. That leaves us with the mortgage on the amount we want to finance permanently, and the mortgage on our home here until it sells. We will pay her back once our house sells.

My mom rocks the house.

Literally.

We are leaving in the morning to go camping and relax for a few days. Have a great weekend.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger DD said…

    Enjoy your time away. I'm sure that your mind is much more at ease and you can focus on whether that was a bear or not outside your tent, and not a banker.

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Congrats on the new job!!!

    And I know your mom's generosity has taken a huge burden off of you.

    Have fun camping!!!! It's way past camping season here. You'd die from either the heat or the bugs.

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    Woohoo! Congrats!

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow.
    thats what moms are for huh?

    I PRAY emma EVER uses that sentence about me.

    Ill settle for rocking an apartment!

    have a great weekend.

    Carla

     
  • At 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mom's do rock.

    Go and enjoy camping and leave the phones and computer at home.

    Have a great few days.

     
  • At 5:39 AM, Blogger beth said…

    Good news about MFH's job.

    Hope you had a wonderful time camping.

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Happy said…

    Congratulations all around!!

    My parents did something similar for us when we moved. It is so hard moving from one house to another if you old house isn't sold and you want to purchase a new house.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home