Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Open house

Our realtor hosted an open house at our home last Sunday.

The note he left us said "There were 10 groups of people that came through today. There was good commitment and good interest."

We were just hoping that all 10 groups weren't our neighbors. As it turns out, one old guy across the street did come over. He's lived in the neighborhood forever - his house was probably the first one built there. His comment to the realtor was, "Those kids have done a lot of nice work to this place." He would know this considering we had to change the locks shortly after moving in and learning that he held a spare key to our front door.

I thought that 10 groups of people was a pretty good turn out. Still, we've heard nothing further since the open house. True, it's only been three days. We didn't make an offer on our house until two weeks after we had seen it.

Last night when MFH came home from work there was a couple in the alley looking at the shop. This is becoming quite common so he didn't think anything of it - only this time he knew the woman in the car. As it turns out, they have friends who sold their home in Texas just yesterday. The friends had been to our open house. By the questions these people were asking MFH, it seems the friends are quite serious about buying our house. They have a few remodeling plans in place already.

But they LOVED my kitchen. I designed that kitchen with only my taste in mind because it never occurred to me that we would leave. I love it. Every part of it. It actually made me teary eyed to think that someone else was going to enjoy my kitchen and not change it.

The kitchen in my new house is the first thing I am going to tackle when we move in. It's "country". The cabinet fronts are painted with blue crackle paint.

Yuck.

It's hard to think about starting over.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We put so much of ourselves in our homes. We have painted the walls with reckless abandon not considering at all that future potential buyers would more likely prefer neutral tones.

    My kitchen is also country (it's one of the rooms we haven't tackled) Totally not my style, but it's not ugly so it doesn't make me crazy.

    What do you have planned for your new kitchen?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home