Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

For the record

Unless the G.M. and the owner have an extremely strong spacial awareness, they'll never miss all those boxes in the backroom. All of them were stacked behind this huge dry erase board that we designed for spa deliveries and which we never used. Since you can still see that there are boxes back there, I doubt they'll ever notice that some are missing. Like 50 or 60 of them.

You are right, Not-so-normal-mom, I did him a favor.

We kept all the boxes dating back seven years that had any form of "bank" written on the outside, and all the records for the last three years per federal guidelines.

On another note, we will be replacing the old bureau/sink in the new house, but probably not until this winter when we are more settled in. My MIL will be all over that piece. She and my FIL live in the house the family homesteaded in. Our ancestors spent their lives trying to modernize the place, and my MIL is attempting to restore the house back to her idea of what would be original.

MFH insists they need to put those red velvet ropes all around the inside of the house along with signs that read "No Flash Photography".

My FIL hates what she's doing and sees no humor in the above statement whatsoever.

He says she is just making it harder for them in their old age, and I guess I can understand that. At least she hasn't replaced the modern appliances with a wash board, an ice box, and a spit in the fireplace. I must admit that the clawfoot bathtub is spectacular, but I am relieved the toilet has not been replaced by a hole in the ground out back.

I have submitted a proposal to my boss on how I might perform my job from 150 miles away. If he goes for it I guess I'm not really leaving, but I will be part time which is perfect. And, I won't be here in this office, which is even more perfect.

I'm not sure I was cut out to be a SAHM, even though I'll still be working from home, but at least I will have two grandmas nearby to provide respite if needed.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Cricket said…

    I didn't realize your families are so close to the new place. That'll be handy. Good, too, that the oak piece won't go to the trash heap.

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love oak. How nice that it can be saved. I hate boxes of paper.

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You will need all the grandma help you can get. I have no grandma's around here but one grandpa and he is a life saver (except when he drives me crazy!).

    julie
    http://thelussierfamily.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    AMEN

    I wonder practically every day if I was cut out to be a SAHM...even with the working...but I think my answer is yes.

    most days :)

    Carla

     

Post a Comment

<< Home