Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

16


Here's the kitchen in the new house. I suppose it isn't all that bad if you like country, but blue is not one of my favorite colors. When we attended the open house, the owner, who is also a realtor and whose husband built this house, said that the cabinets are maple. If that's true, then I may just strip this paint off and restore them to original.
Moving to a new house is exciting, but I am finding myself having trouble with the most simple of things. For instance, this house has three bathrooms and I can't figure out for the life of me how I want to decorate each one. The only thing I know with certainty is that the main bath must be painted as soon as yesterday - it is blue also. Royal blue. What was she thinking? She did confess to me that her husband never lets her use color in any of the houses they live in, and because they were in this house for five years, he gave in to her. Thanks, husband.
I love the use of color in our house now, and the way it's decorated. But what I don't want to do is make this house a newer version of that. Maybe after we get moved in it will just come to me.
Today is my 16th anniversary at work, and probably my last.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Wow. Those valances are...um...nice. ;-) It really looks lovely. They layout, I mean. It has a lot of great potential, which is important. I liked moving into our new place and thinking of all of the new things that I could add or update! I know you will have great fun working it out!!!

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Im no help

    Im such a word person I lived here for over a year before I realized (someone pointed it out to me) that the kitchen was papered in dancing forks and spoons.

    I woulda left it I think but chris ripped that chickenbus OFF.

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Wow.... Not sure why you'd paint over nice Maple cabinets!!

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    You have a good eye. The things that this kitchen has going for it - size and wonderful light, are the hardest things to change. Cabinets, you can fix; light, is definately more problematic.

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Priscilla said…

    Mmm...yeah the blue crinkle paint would be tough to live with. So would the flowers on the lights?? BUT - I totally love the kitchen! So big bright and airy, and will look awesome with the restored maple cabinets!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home