Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, June 25, 2007

A heavy load

MFH drives a 1981 Chevy Shortbox 4wd truck. It is the cutest thing. He loves old trucks, probably because he is a mechanic, and he can actually work on those old trucks without a computer to accompany him.

When he came home from his final day of work on Friday, he was pulling an enclosed trailer that he borrowed from a friend of ours. It's probably about 10 feet long. He had all of his toolboxes and tools from work stacked in the front of the trailer. The back of his cute little truck and the front of the trailer formed a "V" from the heavy load.

His plan was to counter the weight in front with boxes from the house. Of course he teased me that in the very back he would put my box of shoes. You know, the big box that I didn't have to repack.

And, just so you know, his cousin carried that big box from the shop in the alley to the front of our house all by himself.

150 pounds, indeed.

He called me from Big City to tell me he got ten miles to the gallon on the trip down. We expected to get five.

Getting ten miles to a gallon of gas that costs $3.129 per gallon is a crazy thing to get excited about, isn't it?

4 Comments:

  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Cricket said…

    So sorry about the troubles at the Double V Ranch.

    I cannot believe your gas is cheaper than ours. I just paid $2.71 and was actually glad.

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Our gas out here in San Diego is 3.00 a gallon. The cheapest I found was 2.95. You guys are so cute with the moving efforts!;-) Have fun with it! If you don't, it will make you crazy!

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    Our gas is $9.85 a gallon. Belize is a nice place, the the gas isn't so good to us

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    We calculated that our uhaul got about 7 miles a gallon on the way to TN this weekend. We spent $250 on gas to get here. Lovely!

    And one of our movers commented on the large number of shoes I own. I told him to hush up before my husband heard him.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home